Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Birchbox Review-August 2013

I got my August Birchbox today! This will be my 2nd box and I am so excited!


                                      

This month's theme is finishing school and they have teamed up with Ann Taylor for their picks.




After opening my box, I found that I received box #9. There were 65 different boxes this month.





The first product I pulled out of the box was the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive. It is a peel with fruit-derived acids to dissolve dead skin. A full size version is $39. 
I think this is the product I am most excited about. I love peels! My favorite peel/mask to date is Origins Charcoal  mask.  It truly cleans out my pores and I use it weekly. If this product works as it is supposed to, I will have no problem buying it. 
Value: $4.87




I was a little shocked to see teabags in my Birchbox this month. This disappointed me. I am a tea drinker but am not a fan or either Earl Grey or Peach. This will be something I take to work to share because I won't drink this.
Value: $.37 to .80


Dreams Nail Lacquer is a calcium enriched base strengthens nails, fills uneven ridges, and prevents discoloration. I had never heard of this and I am not really into nail polishes. I will give this a try but I am unsure of how it will work. This is probably about half the size of a full bottle.
Value: $5.25



The next item I received was ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick. It is a semi-matte lipstick that claims to deliver both hydration and lasting pigment. I received the color "Kitty". It comes in a trio.
                                               


It looked a bit dark in its tube but when I put it on my wrist, it was subtle. I think I will like it and if it has the staying power claimed, it will be even better. I can't wait to wear it to work tomorrow!
Value: $8.00


The final product I received was Jasmine Seven Fresh Feet Wipes. They are alcohol-free towelettes that cleanse and soften with vitamin E, peppermint, and aloe. It says they are for feet but are great for hands too. I think these will come in handy for after Pilates. We will see.
Value: $.66



The box also included a 20% and 30% off coupon for Ann Taylor.


Total Box Value: $19.15


Overall, I think I got a couple of good items in this box, but I am not as impressed as I was last month.  What do you think? Did you get any of these items?


I wasn't completely happy with this box and decided to suspend it for the next couple of months.

*I paid for this box with my own money. My opinions are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment