Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What to do first?

I would like more than anything to do everything I want to do all at once. I know this is unrealistic and I must stick to the areas that I cannot stand first.

I hate the kitchens and bathrooms the most in my new house.

The Kitchen
The kitchen is tiny. It is 9x7 and every bit ugly. The guy who owned the house before me tried to DIY and failed miserably.  The cabinets are ok, but they need to be painted.   Only the cabinets not under the sink are ok, and need to be painted. The other two cabinets need to be replaced. Apparently, contractor of the year (old owner) installed a garbage disposal incorrectly and caused a leak that rotted out the bottom of these cabinets.  The countertops look like laminate on a first pass, but they are some cheap alternative. If you put pressure on them, it begins to bow. The floors are slashed up from what looks like moving heavy appliances, and the backsplash is....I don't know what to call it.

For this to be up to standards, I need to:

-Replace floor with vinyl plank flooring
-Paint appliances black
-Paint cabinets
-Replace countertops and extend piece of countertop to create a place to eat.
-Add new backsplash
-Remove popcorn ceiling
-Walls Painted

Half Bathroom
The half bath isn't bad. The floors, light fixture, and mirror can stay. The vanity in the half bath takes up most of the room. It also has a weird shaped wall that the old owner attempted to shape the vanity to using molding and backsplash. It looks pretty bad. The toilet is fine, but mismatched. Part of it is a gray color and the seat is white. 

It does need:
-Pedestal sink
-New toilet
-Walls painted
-Remove popcorn ceiling

Guest Bathroom
This one is manageable. I won't use this bathroom regularly, but it just isn't my style. The one plus is that this is the only room without popcorn ceiling!
Everything must go in this one. Sorry old owner!

It needs:
-Re tiling in bathtub area
-Vinyl plank flooring
-New Vanity with sink
-Walls Painted
-New toilet

Master Bathroom
This is going to be the one that probably costs the most. This will be my primary bathroom. Weird thing with this bathroom, the toilet and shower stall are in one room, and then my sink and closet are in another across from each other and carpeted. Really weird and a lot of work.

It needs:
-Vinyl plank flooring 
-Walls painted
-New vanity with VESSEL sink (I will not compromise with this!)
-New toilet
-New mirror
-Backsplash



I will take pictures soon! What do you think I should work on first?



No comments:

Post a Comment